PROJECT MANAGER - Florida
The Redland Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. On the job training available if hired and eligible.
PROJECT MANAGER - experience in the construction of roadway, commercial/Residential site development, airport and underground utility projects.
The Redland Company Inc. is seeking a construction professional to join its construction management team as a project manager. As a PM you will be responsible for managing and directing the construction of Redland’s site work as well as managing project reports. The successful candidate must possess the requisite education and experience that will permit them to be part of the management team during the construction process. You will be required to collaborate with senior management within the company. This position will be based in Florida.
The Manager’s role is to price added scope, document control, review and execute subcontracts, PO’s, change orders, etcetera, and close out projects according to the deadline while keeping within budget. This includes coordinating all team members including and various trade subcontractors in order to complete projects according to plan, schedule and budget. The Project Manager is also responsible for defining the project’s objectives and overseeing quality control of the project.
- Coordinate Redland superintendents with subcontractors and self-perform work.
- Develops construction estimates for added scope or claims
- Maintains relationships with both General contract and owner.
- Attends and participates in subcontractor meetings with client
- Conforms to established job processes (RFI’s, submittals, and pay applications)
- Performs project scheduling in conjunction with the contractor and owner’s requirements
- Ensures project quality control
- Direct interaction and oversight of construction documents
- Approves subcontractor pay applications and invoices
- Monthly project requisitioning
- Manages the closeout process
- Negotiates contract change orders
- Inputs and manages project budget
Skills and Requirements:
- 5+ years of Civil/Site experience
- Previous project management experience
- Ability to execute multiple project management efforts
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel & Word, Prolog Manager a plus, scheduling software, Microsoft Project, or current construction management software
- New construction project experience required
- FDOT/Civil experience a major strong feature for any candidate.
Job Status: Full Time