Estimator - Georgia
Minimum Hiring Requirements:
- Good Computer Skills including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, internet searches; Agtek or similar software experience required.
- Cost estimating software experience required.
- Blueprint Reading
- Good Math skills (up to and including geometry).
- Ability to perform manual construction estimating calculations for lengths, areas, volumes, weights, soil conversions, coordinates, etc.
- Good reading, writing, and typing skills
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Follows instructions well.
- Some local travel may be required.
- Employee must have own reliable transportation
- Honest, trustworthy, team oriented, timely, and dedicated
- Primary language: English (speak, read, write)
- 5 years minimum prior experience in sitework/transportation/utility construction estimating required.
- Experience in estimating both public and private sectors required.
- Crew resourced/production based cost estimating experienced required.
- Application required.
- Good working knowledge of and experience with Atlanta, GA market and related soils conditions and relevant earthwork/grading and utilities construction means and methods required.
- Construction cost estimating software experience required; proficient HCSS skills and experience preferred.
- Crew resourced/production based cost estimating experience required.
- A strong desire and ability to complete accurate and complete estimates, meet deadlines, work well with clients and add work to company backlog.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Good communication with staff and vendors.
- Read and understand plans, specifications and other bid documents.
- Communicate quantity survey (takeoff) needs to assigned Assistant Estimator. Review all related reports for accuracy and completeness.
- If Assistant Estimator not available, perform all quality surveys (takeoffs), production estimate all self-performed cost, compare supplier & subcontracted scopes & costs, and apply initial OH&P fees. Quantity survey and conversions must be able to be performed manually and with use of specialty software.
- Cost comparisons.
- Documenting calculations, assumptions, etc.
- Drafting & finalizing detailed proposals for clients, including all scope explanations, clarifications, exclusions, and other qualifications to offer.
- Preparation of formal bid documents and submittals.
- Maintain strong desire and ability to complete accurate and complete estimates, meet deadlines, work well with clients, and add work to company backlog. Maintain honest, trustworthy, team oriented, timely, and dedicated approach. Maintain information confidentially.
- Gain quick understanding of and use of software programs unique to Preconstruction DeptSome local travel including site visits, attendance at meetings, pickup and delivery of bid documents, etc.
Possible occasional out of town travel. Organize and distribute bid documents to selected vendors as needed.
Receive, organize, and review vendor quotes. Bid document copying, filling and distribution.
Other duties as required.Compliance with Company Policies and Procedures & Safety Program.
Job Status: Full Time