Assistant Project Manager (APM) - Florida
ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER - experience in the construction of roadway, site, airport and underground utility projects.
The Redland Company is seeking a construction professional to join its construction management team as an assistant project manager (“APM”). As an APM you will be responsible for managing and directing the construction of Redland’s site work as well as managing project reports. The successful candidate must possess the requisite education and experience that will permit them to be part of the management team during the construction process. You will be required to collaborate with senior management within the company. This position will be based in South Florida and will report to the Project Manager.
- Assist the PM and manage the day-to-day operational aspects of a project or portion thereof.
- The ability to make decisions that consider both schedule and budgets.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Formulate and executes project schedule.
- Compile reports for the scope review process.
- Assemble change orders.
- Manages the permits with all governmental agencies and requirements.
- Manages and updates project budget.
Experience including some of the following elements is required: Subcontracts, Purchase Orders, Invoice Processing, Submittals, Estimates, Change Orders, Plan Quantity Surveys, Project Documents Distribution and Organization, Large Format Printing, Utility Locates Processing, Maintaining Computer Project Schedules, FDOT Specifications, Municipal Permitting, Bid Documents.
Skills / Requirements
- Minimum two (2) years construction management experience in the South Florida Market, preferably with experience in civil/utility/site construction.
- A mature professional with excellent judgment and intuitive interpersonal skills.
- Construction/field experience and project management skills.
- Exceptional communications skills – written and verbal.
- A highly entrepreneurial, self-motivated and results-oriented individual.
- Degree in one of the following disciplines is preferred: Engineering, Construction Management, Engineering + Management, Architecture, other related fields or experience.
Job Status: Full Time