Assistant Estimator - Florida
The Redland Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. On the job training available if hired and eligible.
Be a part of growing, long-term, successful team...The Redland Company, Inc. is currently seeking qualified and experienced assistant estimator to manage transportation and site work construction related projects.
Minimum Hiring Requirements:
a. Good Computer Skills including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
b. Blueprint Reading
c. Good Math skills (up to and including geometry).
d. Good reading, writing, and typing skills
e. Detail oriented and well organized
f. Follows instructions well
g. Some local travel may be required. Employee must have own reliable transportation (reimbursable by mileage)
h. Honest and dedicated
i. Willing to work overtime, when required.
j. Primary language: English (speak, read, write)
k. Bilingual in Spanish Preferred.
l. Prior experience in construction estimating preferred.
m. Application required
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Good communication with staff and vendors.
- Read and understand plans, specifications and other bid documents.
- Perform all quantity surveys (takeoffs) and report quantities to Estimators. Quantity surveys must be able to be performed manually and with use of specialty software. Training for specialty software will be provided initially. Knowledge of Agtek.
- Perform quantity calculations and conversions manually.
- Gain quick understanding of and use of software programs unique to Pre-construction Department.
- Some local travel including attendance at meetings, pickup and delivery of bid documents, etc.
- Organize and distribute bid documents to selected vendors as needed.
- Receive, organize and review vendor quotes. Convey quotes and information to Estimator.
- Bid document copying, filling and distribution.
- Other duties as required.
- Compliance with Company Policies and Procedures & Safety Program.
Job Status: Full Time